Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cant Let go of someone?

Can't Let Go of That Certain Someone?

Neither can I.
I have been seeing this guy off and on for a few years. He's always the one to come back and always the one to leave. And it always seems that when I feel so close to being able to find someone else and let him go, that's when he decides to come back. But I always take him back because I love the big lug.
I know I am not alone with this situation and that in fact so many girls also go through this very same predicament. We're stuck. In love with people who think we are expendable to them, in love with people who don't know what they want, in love with people who maybe just really are horrible at staying in a committed relationship.
Sometimes I stop and think of other guys that I may have let slip by. Guys that could've been great if I had just let my guard down a little bit and let them in. Guys that, even if it wouldn't last forever, could at least give me the nudge I needed to get back into the dating world.
I think that sometimes, we as girls need to step back and try to clearly think about what we are doing with ourselves here. I mean, sure...he may be the one, he may not be, but I don't think it's fair that we just sit around and wait for them to figure it out. We just need to remember sometimes that we don't need anyone who doesn't need us. We should go out and do what we want and live our lives. If they come back, then maybe it really is meant to last longer, and if not, at least we didn't waste our time.
What do you think? Have you been a relationship like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment